ACTIF is a regional trade body formed in June 2005 by the cotton, textile and apparel sectors from across sub-Saharan Africa to create a unified and recognized voice in both regional and global trade affairs. ACTIF’s mandate is to bring the disparate needs of the cotton, textile and apparel sectors into cohesive and consensus driven positions at regional and international trade and development forums.
Over the years, ACTIF’s role as the voice of the Cotton Value Chain of Africa has continued to grow from strength to strength. ACTIF is now well recognized by the African Union Commission (AUC), key EU/National and regional associations and organizations, among other several development partners.
ACTIF’s aim is to promote African cotton, textile and apparel value chain from Fibre to Fashion. It is the objective of ACTIF to brand Africa through the ‘Origin Africa’ campaign that is intended to help Africa make its position as a sourcing destination among other countries in the world by showcasing buyers, the scope of its niche design, fabrics and manufacturing abilities. ACTIF also intends to promote the concept of a regional value chain leading to increased market opportunities, business linkages, trade and investment across the region.
“To develop and successfully deliver services that enhances our membership’s competitiveness in the world market.”
“An integrated cotton, textile and apparel industry that effectively competes on the world market.”
• Build cooperation, interaction, partnerships, alliances, networks and market linkages;
• Promote a regional supply chain, focusing on trade issues of all sectors of the value chain, building a platform for reducing constraints to regional trade;
• Address challenges and increase competitiveness in the global post quota environment;
• Address key policy issues that negatively affect regional and global trade;
• Collect market data, generate information exchange and share regional expertise;
• Promote investment and encourage international alliances and affiliations;
• Recognize and support accepted principles of international codes of corporate conduct;
• Facilitate awareness of new technologies and represent the regional membership at regional and international fora and lead advocacy and lobbying actions for the best interest of ACTIF members.